Maple Balsamic Quinoa Salad
|Photo Credit: Jodi Pudge|
- 1 2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries (TIP: Look for unsweetened or naturally sweetened varieties.)
- 1 cup raw unsalted chopped pecans
- 4 to 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus additional to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let cool completely.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and maple syrup.
- Add 3/4 cup dressing to quinoa. Stir in cranberries, pecans, scallions and salt. Refrigerate overnight. Serve cold or at room temperature; just before serving, stir in remaining 1/4 cup dressing and season with salt.